Drake Bank History
Drake Bank opened for business on May 1, 2002. It was the first new bank to be chartered in St. Paul in 40 years.
And, it was the birth of a community bank that would give special attention to small businesses, their employees, and nearby neighborhoods.
The idea for the new bank rose from a group of local investors and bankers who saw smaller Twin City banks being acquired by larger banks. They recognized that a void in personal service and local support was being created. They saw that the power of connections between bankers, businesses, employees, and other local resources was not being leveraged.
Drake Bank came to be, and it has grown steadily near the banks of the Mississippi River, south of downtown St. Paul. It is located at the southwest corner of South Robert Street and Plato Boulevard in a renovated building that once was home to the Drake Marble and Tile Company... a reliable source of strong building materials to St. Paul starting on 1905.
Drake Bank continues this legacy of reliability and strength. Come see us. We have a very bright future and we want to share it with you.