This position provides efficient credit analysis, underwriting control standards, and ongoing credit investigations and file maintenance for new and existing loan customers of the bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the lenders with analyzing financial risk associated with new and existing credit relationships:
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved with extending credit to commercial clients and individuals.
- Generate financial ratios summaries, using the bank's existing software systems, to compare the ratios to industry averages for analysis purposes.
- Prepares Credit Presentations that document new or proposed lending transactions for later review by the appropriate approval authority level.
- Prepares Annual Review Presentations for later review by the appropriate approval authority level.
- Monitor existing loan files for continued compliance with loan covenants and regulations, and to correct identified documentation deficiencies. When performing this duty, will work closely with and assist other staff members of the loan operations department of the bank.
- Assist with projects requested by or related to external or internal examinations and audits.
Education and Experience: Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or similar experience.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in clearly writing credit analysis summaries within a Loan Presentation format. Communication skills that allow the Credit Analyst to work closely with all loan officers in an effective and efficient manner are also required.
Mathematical Skills: Must be able to accurately calculate and analyze figures and amounts included in financial statements (such as cash-flow calculations, leverage ratios, collateral coverage ratios, etc.) and then provide a clear summary of those calculations.
Reasoning Ability: The position requires the ability to analyze financial performance of borrowers and then provide a clear and concise summary of findings/results thereof.
Computer Skills: Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Other Skills/Abilities/Specifications: The individual must be self-motivated and willing to work with little direction at times, but must also be willing to work closely with others (loan officers and loan operations department staff) as required. The individual must also be able to work on several tasks at once and/or switch quickly from one task to another, and must be able to work under pressure and with established deadlines. The individual must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with a strong attention to detail. The position requires flexibility with regard to scheduling of lunches, breaks, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office environment. The individual in this position will be working in an open space. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and interruptions may be frequent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The majority of the duties in this position are done in a seated position. Carrying loan files is required, and filing into file cabinets, shelves and the vault are also done on a daily basis. The majority of the Credit Analyst's work is performed at a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Drake Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified candidates may email their resume to Maureen Daehn:
or mail to:
Attn: Maureen Daehn
60 East Plato Blvd
Saint Paul, MN 55107