Senior Vice President/Senior Lender
Drake bank is a single-location, $90M community bank located in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Bank has an exceptional record of helping small businesses in the Twin Cities metropolitan area grow and prosper. In addition to outstanding business and retail banking products, Drake Bank exhibits a collaborative relationship between banker and client.Position Description:
Drake Bank is seeking a Senior Lender with experience in leading the credit and risk functions of a community bank. This is a hands-on position that requires a sense of ownership, great communication skills and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced community bank setting.Responsibilities:
- Directs and monitors lending operations for the entire Bank, through subordinate managers/supervisors, to insure that the Bank meets established goals and objectives with respect to lending. Monitors product delivery and quality and takes action to resolve problems.
- Chairs credit committee. Arranges for loan applications to go to the credit committee. Provides an overview and recommendations for the committee.
- Develops, proposes, gains acceptance for and implements lending program policy and strategy; leads activity related to new product development with respect to lending programs.
- Prepares department scheduling, periodic loan department updates, and periodic reports for management's financial and operational reports including; new loan report, loan officer statistical report, and commercial potential problem loans reports.
- Participates in establishment of annual department budget and monitors performance to budget throughout the year; establishes annual sales goals (in conjunction with marketing) for lending programs and initiates action to achieve established goals.
- Examines, evaluates, authorizes or recommends approval of credit applications for commercial loans and lines of credit. Reviews periodically for required updated financial information and field visits.
- Analyzes loan data reports for any corrective action.
- Insures the Bank is in compliance with all lending regulations; develops procedural changes as compliance requires, or as new programs demand.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Five to eight years of similar or related experience.
- College degree in a relevant field.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust.
- Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job, and a high level of interpersonal skills is critical to the success of this position.
- Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
- Must have in-depth understanding of and ability to interpret regulations affecting lending programs. Extensive knowledge of consumer, commercial and real estate lending practices and procedures. Should be able to run spreadsheet and word processing software.
Drake Bank offers a friendly professional working environment that will be conductive for an established customer and referral network, attractive employee benefits program, and opportunities for advancement.
All inquiries will be maintained in a strictly confidential manner.
If interested please submit your resume to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
60 E. Plato Blvd. Ste 100
St. Paul, MN. 55107